Solera at Anthem is a 55+ community located in Henderson Nevada. As a 55+ community, Solera must keep an 80% occupancy of at least one person in the home who is 55 years of age or older. Many people have questions about the other 20% of homes, and if they can have people under the age of 55, or have children.
The short answer to that question is a resounding “No”. “Senior Community” is a designation that Solera at Anthem gets from the federal government. The federal government requires 80% of the homes to have at least one person over the age of 55. Solera’s CC&R’s require that 100% of the homes in the community must have at least one person over the age of 55, and that anyone else living in the home must be at least 19 years old.
Living in Solera myself I have found that not having children riding up and down the streets on bikes, playing in your front yard, and screaming, makes this a very quiet and peaceful community to live in. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy having relatives visit with their children, but on a day to day basis, it’s nice having the peace and quiet.
In my opinion that’s what living in a retirement community is all about. Spending your later years in a neighborhood with people of your generation, and with loads of activities to get to know like-minded people, and to have fun!
It’s nice not to have groups of teenagers gathering outside the front of your house, or screeching down the street in loud cars. Although I was in their shoes once, and I certainly don’t hold any animosity against them for being teenagers.
All in all Solera is a wonderful community to live in. I enjoy talking walks in the evening in a safe and friendly neighborhood. The clubhouse at Solera never seems to be too busy. I can always find my favorite exercise equipment available, or a free lane to swim in. Needless to say, I highly recommend Solera at Anthem as one of the best age restricted communities in the state of Nevada.[idx-platinum-widget id=”16531-43208″ ]